Kali Linux new version 2021.1 has been released with package updates and added new suits.
Kali Linux is a Debian-derived Linux distribution designed for digital forensics and penetration testing.
- Xfce 4.16 – Our preferred and current default desktop environment has been updated and tweaked
- KDE 5.20 – Plasma also received a version bump
- Terminals – mate-terminal, terminator and tilix all had various work carried out on them
- Command Not Found – A helping hand to say if a program needs to be installed
- Partnership with more tool authors – BC Security and Joohoi have been producing great tools and we want to support them
- New tools and updates – Multiple new softwares have been added to Kali and are ready for you
- Kali NetHunter – New BusyBox and Rucky version, and boot-animation
- Kali ARM – Preliminary support for Parallels on Apple Silicon (Apple M1) & Raspberry Pi 400 (WiFi Support)
Its previous version Kali Linux 2020.4 was launched in November 2020.
What’s New in Kali
It wouldn’t be a Kali release if there weren’t any new tools added! A quick run down of what’s been added (to the network repositories):
- Airgeddon – Audit wireless networks
- AltDNS – Generates permutations, alterations and mutations of subdomains and then resolves them
- Arjun – HTTP parameter discovery suite
- Chisel – A fast TCP/UDP tunnel over HTTP
- DNSGen – Generates combination of domain names from the provided input
- DumpsterDiver – Search secrets in various filetypes
- GetAllUrls – Fetch known URLs from AlienVault’s Open Threat Exchange, the Wayback Machine, and Common Crawl
- GitLeaks – Searches Git repo’s history for secrets and keys
- HTTProbe – Take a list of domains and probe for working HTTP and HTTPS servers
- MassDNS – A high-performance DNS stub resolver for bulk lookups and reconnaissance
- PSKracker – WPA/WPS toolkit for generating default keys/pins
- WordlistRaider – Preparing existing wordlists
Kali NetHunter Updates
BusyBox, one of the core engines of Kali NetHunter, has received a well deserved upgrade to version “1.32.0-nethunter”. BusyBox is used internally to ensure that NetHunter tools and commands are executed consistently across the vast number of different Android versions and vendor modifications. This change, whilst big, should go unnoticed by users and will help developers to port their code to NetHunter with no hassles at all.
Update Kali Linux 2020.1
If you already have an existing Kali Linux installation, remember you can always do a quick update:
┌──(kali㉿kali)-[~] └─$ echo "deb http://http.kali.org/kali kali-rolling main non-free contrib" | sudo tee /etc/apt/sources.list ┌──(kali㉿kali)-[~] └─$ sudo apt update && sudo apt -y full-upgrade ┌──(kali㉿kali)-[~] └─$ [ -f /var/run/reboot-required ] && sudo reboot -f
Subscribe to HackersOnlineClub via Email