I found a really simple hack to get around broadcasting restrictions and watch Ravens vs. Steelers without a CBS cable subscription!
All you need to do is change your virtual location and IP address with a VPN. As no two VPNs are the same, I tested over 100 providers to make sure the top 3 I selected will guarantee you easy access to any NFL stream.
For a quick answer: NordVPN came in at the top of all of my tests due to its large network of super fast and reliable servers worldwide. Sports streaming platforms can be pricey — but you can use NordVPN’s 30-day money-back guarantee to watch Ravens vs. Steelers without the extra subscription cost!
Quick Guide: 3 Easy Steps to Watch Ravens vs. Steelers From Anywhere
- Get a VPN. NordVPN is my top choice for its high-quality servers perfect for livestreaming the game with zero lags.
- Connect to a server in a country with NFL broadcasting rights. Here’s a list of the platforms licenced to stream the NFL.
- Go to your chosen NFL broadcaster and enjoy the game! Just be sure to test your setup before the game starts.
Why You Can’t Watch Ravens vs. Steelers Without a VPN
All NFL games fall under location-dependent broadcasting restrictions. This means that only sports fans in certain countries can watch the game. While the web is filled with unofficial streams, I don’t want to put my devices at risk of getting viruses. Plus, these sites are known for getting taken down right in the middle of the game.
Luckily, a VPN takes all the hassle out of watching the game. A VPN hides your true location by rerouting your traffic through a server in a different country. This will successfully trick NFL broadcasters into thinking you have the rights to watch official streams — letting you bypass all restrictions.
Even better: changing your virtual location with a VPN can save you money on various NFL subscriptions, like NFL Game Pass International. I found that by connecting to a server in India, I could save over $20 on the NFL annual subscription compared to the standard US price.
Top 3 VPNs to Watch the NFL: Ravens vs. Steelers From Anywhere in November 2020
- 5,500+ servers globally with 3,400+ locations in NFL-streaming countries
- Amazingly fast speeds on all servers for uninterrupted livestreaming
- Watch Ravens vs. Steelers on up to 6 devices
- 24/7 online customer support
- 30-day money-back guarantee
NordVPN is a great choice for streaming Ravens vs. Steelers for its large network of servers that unblock official football broadcasts in any country. As every server is regularly updated with a new list of IP addresses, they never struggle with bypassing geoblocks on any NFL stream. During my tests, I could easily watch every touchdown on DAZN, ESPN, CBS, Sky Sports, and Amazon Prime Video without ever seeing the dreaded error message.
The size of NordVPN’s server network wouldn’t matter if the speeds it provided weren’t sufficient enough to allow touchdown replays in UltraHD. Luckily, I can confirm that it doesn’t disappoint there either. I tested over 50 different servers (both near and far from my UK home) and every connection ensured my speeds never dropped below 28Mbps. Considering my base download speed is normally around 32Mbps, the difference between my speeds was minimal. This meant I could watch NFL games with my NFL Game Pass on US servers in exactly the same quality as on Sky Sports with UK servers (despite the distance!).
That’s not all — NordVPN comes with an extremely user-friendly app compatible across most devices. As soon as I opened the app, I was presented with an interactive map I could click on to select a country I wanted to connect to. Alternatively, you can scroll through the list of available servers or type in a particular location in the search bar. Such ease of use, combined with fast connection setup, allowed me to watch NFL highlights of the season in less than 3 seconds!
If you don’t fancy jumping straight into a long-term subscription without trying the vendor, don’t worry — you can test NordVPN’s features for free for 30 days. While you do have to set up a subscription to start streaming the NFL, the VPN’s money-back guarantee ensures you can get a refund as long as you request it within the first 4 weeks. There’s absolutely no risk involved either as I canceled my account after 26 days through live chat without any issues.
NordVPN also unblocks: ESPN, Sky Go, Fox Sports, BT Sports, Hulu, YouTube TV, SlingTV, BBC Sports, Amazon Prime Video, NBC Sports, and more.
NordVPN works on: Windows, macOS, Android, iOS, Linux, Chromebook, Chrome, Firefox, Android TV, Fire TV, Amazon Fire Stick, routers, and more.
- 3,000+ servers worldwide, including 1,000+ servers in NFL-streaming countries
- Ultra-quick download speeds for high-quality football streams with zero buffering
- Analyze every point on up to 5 devices at the same time
- 24/7 user support available online
- 30-day money-back guarantee
ExpressVPN’s server speeds make sure your livestreams never lag or buffer. I tested close to 100 different servers and each one gave me reliable and consistent download speeds. I was surprised to see that even servers that were 16,000km away gave me speeds above 29Mbps, which is extremely rare to find. This meant I could watch the NFL games in HD without any interruptions.
Thanks to ExpressVPN’s unlimited bandwidth allowance, your speeds will never be capped or slowed down, so you’ll never miss a touchdown. It also means that you won’t have to stop other online activities just to make sure your NFL stream doesn’t buffer. With ExpressVPN, you’ll be able to keep up with the action live on the field — all whilst Skyping your friends, looking up previous game scores, and recording old game recaps at the same time.
Despite being seemingly small, ExpressVPN server network packs reliable unblocking technologies that helped me access various NFL streams in seconds. It could even bypass very tough anti-VPN mechanics placed on various streaming platforms, such as CBS and NFL Game Pass, which other vendors tend to struggle with. As my server connections were set up almost instantly, I could join other football fans in watching the first kickoff.
ExpressVPN allows all new users to try its features for free for 30 days with a guaranteed refund if you change your mind. Plus, it has a “no questions asked” refunds policy so you won’t even have to provide a reason for canceling. It almost sounded too good to be true, but my request was processed without salesy comments and I received the money back to my PayPal account after 5 days.
ExpressVPN also unblocks: Fox Sports, BT Sports, YouTube TV, BBC Sports, DAZN, ESPN, Amazon Prime Video, Hulu, NBC Sports, and more.
ExpressVPN works on: Windows, macOS, Android, iOS, Linux, Chrome, Firefox, Android TV, Amazon Fire Stick, routers, and more.
- 1,700+ worldwide servers with 1,000+ in NFL-streaming countries
- Rapid download speeds for watching every exciting moment in HD
- Access NFL games on as many devices as you want using only one account
- 24/7 online customer helpdesk
- 30-day money-back guarantee
Surfshark understands how important it is to share all the game-day hype with friends and family — which is why it allows you to connect as many devices as you wish (all on one account!). It also works on all popular operating systems and devices so you can ensure everyone can connect in time for the game.
Bypassing viewing restrictions involves tricky techniques, but Surfshark comes equipped with its NoBorders technology. Its tech works so well that not one website I visited prompted its usual “Not available in your country” message. I successfully accessed NFL live streams on NFL Network, CBS, Fox, Hulu, and many other official broadcasters. The best thing is that you don’t have to turn it on manually — the VPN automatically detects if a network you’re trying to access is restricted and turns the feature on for you.
If you struggle to access any sites, simply use the MultiHop feature to connect to 2 servers in completely different countries. This will give you the extra layer of anonymity you need to effectively trick NFL broadcasters into giving you access to the official streams. Even though my tests showed that MultiHop slowed down my speeds to 18-20Mbps, it was still enough to enjoy every second of the action.
Surfshark offers some of the lowest subscription fares on the market, but you don’t have to commit to it straight away. If the vendor’s 7-day free trial isn’t enough for you to make up your mind, you can comfortably use the VPN for free for up to 30 days. I used the money-back guarantee myself and my refund was processed right away.
Surfshark also unblocks: BT Sports, SlingTV, DAZN, ESPN, Fox Sports, Hulu, BBC Sports, NBC Sports, and more.
Surfshark works on: Windows, macOS, Android, iOS, Linux, Chrome, Android TV, Amazon Fire Stick, routers, and more.
Why Free VPNs Won’t Help You Unblock Ravens vs. Steelers Livestreams
Alongside testing premium providers, I also tried various free vendors to see how well they worked. Unfortunately, even the select few free VPNs I trust proved to be useless when it came to watching the game.
Every free VPN I tried came with various streaming limitations, like a small number of available connections, data caps, and restricted bandwidth allowance. This meant I had to deal with constant buffering, annoying loading speeds, and video resolution so low the NFL players turned into a set of random squares. In fact, I often couldn’t even tell where the ball was most of the time.
Even worse, most free VPNs are known to actively collect and sell user data to third-parties and compromise their network security features. This means that even though you aren’t paying for their service with your credit card, you’ll likely pay with your personal information.
You can avoid leaking your data and ensure guaranteed access to all NFL streams by getting NordVPN and making the most of its 30-day money-back policy. Doing so will allow you to watch (and re-watch) every second of Ravens vs. Steelers for free for 4 weeks! I signed up for it myself and after 26 days contacted the vendor to cancel my subscription. The agent tried to offer additional help to encourage me to keep my account, but as soon as I confirmed I was certain of my decision, he processed my request immediately. I received my refund in less than a week!
I could easily cancel my NordVPN subscription and get a refund through live chat
FAQs On the NFL, VPNs, and More
😎 Where can I watch the NFL Ravens vs. Steelers game online?
When you use a VPN, you can easily access Ravens vs. Steelers from anywhere on:
- NFL Game Pass (International) — The official NFL streamer offers subscription-based access to all 256 NFL games, the playoffs, and the annual Super Bowl. While you can set up your subscription from anywhere, all NFL matches are subject to broadcasting restrictions so be sure to use your VPN. Luckily, you can try the Game Pass for yourself with a 7-day free trial.
- CBS All Access (US) — You can watch every game live with a CBS All Access subscription.
- USTV Now (US) — With its affordable plans, USTV Now provides access to popular US cable channels, like Fox, ESPN, and CBS. You can test its services out for free for 10 days prior to subscribing.
- ESPN via Kayo Sports (Australia) — Covers all regular NFL games live as well as playoffs and Super Bowl. Kayo Sports offers a 2-week free trial.
- DAZN (Canada, Germany, Austria, Switzerland, and Italy) — Shows not only every NFL game live, but also 24/7 commentary, highlights, and the NFL draft through the official NFL Network. You can get 1 month free before committing to a monthly or annual subscription.
- Sky Sports (UK and Ireland) — A great streaming option for those looking for a professional English commentary on popular NFL games. Available through different monthly Sky TV plans.
- Hulu + Live TV (US) — Includes popular NFL broadcasters, such as CBS, NBC, Fox, and ESPN, allowing you to keep up with every football game live. Try it for 7 days for free before you pay.
- fuboTV (US) — Offers live coverage of regular NFL games online through numerous cable channels, including CBS, Fox, and NBC. Slightly pricier than other NFL broadcasters, but you can use it for free with a 7-day trial.
- SlingTV (US) — Choose between local and national channels and watch every NFL game online. Test its reliability with a 7-day free trial.
- YouTubeTV (US) — Definitely the most expensive on the list, but the platform hosts over 300 sports channels, including all NFL broadcasters. Depending on the available offer, you can either get a 7-day or 14-day free trial.
- CTV and TSN (Canada) — Both channels are available live, but you’ll need to sign up using a Canadian cable provider.
Remember that many official NFL broadcasters require a payment method from their native country, for example a US credit card or a UK PayPal. The easiest way to get around this is to purchase a gift card from MyGiftCardSupply.com and use it to set up a paid subscription.
🤑 Can I watch Ravens vs. Steelers online for free?
Yes, ProSieben and ProSieben MAXX broadcast various NFL games online for free. Both platforms can be accessed without creating an account — just remember to disable your ad blocker (if you have one) prior to tuning in to the game. The channels are available in Germany and Switzerland, so be prepared to listen to non-English commentaries.
You’ll probably also stumble upon multiple free unofficial NFL streams closer to the time of the game. However convenient, I don’t recommend them as many sites trick football fans to visit their “free” streams in order to infect your devices with malware or collect your data in the background. No touchdown, no matter how exciting, is worth giving up your personal details to hackers.
😍 Can a VPN really help me get the NFL Game Pass for a cheaper price?
Yes, as the price of the NFL Game Pass is based on what country you’re connecting from. I tested it myself and found that I could get the cheapest subscription while using a server in India and Vietnam.
There’s no point in overpaying for the same service. If you decide to purchase the NFL Game Pass, definitely connect to a VPN to unlock the best subscription price. Then, you can use the money you saved to pay for a long-term VPN plan!
😃 Apart from watching the NFL, what else can I use a VPN for?
A VPN gives you total freedom on the internet while protecting your traffic from online threats. You can use it to:
- Access other geo-restricted sporting events, such as Premiere League, NHL, NBA, Cricket World Club, Formula 1, Wimbledon, and many more.
- Unblock various streaming platforms from anywhere in the world. This means you can unblock any Netflix library from anywhere and gain access to Amazon Prime Video, BBC iPlayer, Disney+, and many others.
- Participate in P2P file-sharing without being detected to prevent your Internet Service Provider (ISP) from slowing down your connection. It’ll also stop any malicious torrents from infecting your devices.
- Keep your personal details fully anonymous, including your credit card number, home address, full name, or login credentials.
Get Around Location Restrictions and Watch Ravens vs. Steelers From Anywhere!
You shouldn’t be exempt from keeping up with what’s happening on the football field, simply because you don’t live in a country with NFL broadcasting rights. By downloading a premium VPN, you’ll be able to watch every important moment of Ravens vs. Steelers regardless of where you’re cheering your favorite team from.
I highly recommend testing which VPN is the best for you before committing to a subscription, especially if you’re still not sure which vendor to choose. Get a full use of the NordVPNs fast and reliable servers completely for free for the first 30 days with its money-back guarantee. If you decide you don’t want it after watching the Ravens vs. Steelers game, simply ask for a refund through live chat!